Terms of Service
Standard Business Terms and customer information
I. Standard business terms
1. Basic provisions
(1) The following business terms are applicable to all the contracts, which you conclude with us as a supplier (SC British Shop S.R.L) via the britishshop.ro / britishshop.ro/international websites. Unless otherwise agreed upon, the inclusion, if necessary, of your own conditions is ruled out.
(2) A ‘consumer’ in the sense of the following regulations is every natural person who concludes a legal transaction which, to an overwhelming extent, cannot be attributed to either his commercial or independent professional activities. The term ‘businessman’ refers to every natural person, legal person or legally responsible partnership that concludes a legal transaction in pursuance of his/its independent professional or commercial activity.
2. Conclusion of the contract
(1) The subject-matter of the contract is the selling of products.
(2) On placing the product in question on our website, we provide you with a binding offer to conclude a sales agreement subject to the conditions specified in the item description.
(3) The purchase agreement takes place via the online shopping basket system as follows:
The products intended for purchase are moved to the “shopping basket”. You can select the shopping cart using the appropriate buttons on the navigation bar and make changes there at any time.
After calling up the “Checkout” page and entering the required personal data and payment and shipping conditions, all order information is then displayed again on the order summary page.
If you are forwarded to the instant payment system, choose and enter your details as appropriate. You will then be returned to the order summary page in our online shop.
Before the order is sent, you can re-check all the data, change it (which can also be done via the internet browser’s ‘back’ function) or cancel the purchase transaction.
By clicking the “Place order in conjunction with a liability to pay” button to submit the order, you declare acceptance of the order in a legally binding way by which the purchase agreement takes place.
(4) You are not bound by your enquiries regarding the creation of an offer that have been conveyed to us. We supply you with a textual and binding offer (e.g. via e-mail), which you can accept within a period of 5 days.
(5) The execution of the order and the sending of all the details necessitated by the conclusion of the contract take place via e-mail, in a partially-automated manner. Consequently, you have to ensure that the e-mail address that you have deposited with us is the correct one, and that the receipt of the respective e-mails is guaranteed. In particular, you have to ensure that the respective e-mails are not blocked by a SPAM filter.
3. Right of retention, reservation of proprietary rights
(1) You can only exercise a right of retention if the situation in question involves claims arising from the same contractual relationship.
(2) The goods remain our property until the purchase price is paid in full.
(1) The statutory warranty rights are applicable.
(2) As a consumer, you are requested to promptly check the product for completeness, visible defects and transport damage as soon as it is delivered, and promptly disclose your complaints to us and the shipping company in writing. Even if you do not comply with this request, it shall have no effect on your legal warranty claims.
5. Choice of law
(1) Romanian law shall apply. This choice of law only applies to customers if it does not result in the revocation of the protection guaranteed by the mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which the respective customer’s usual place of residence is located (benefit-of-the-doubt principle).
(2) The provisions of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods are explicitly inapplicable.
II. Customer information
1. Identity of the seller
2. Information regarding the conclusion of the contract
The technical steps associated with the conclusion of the contract, the contract conclusion itself and the correction options are executed in accordance to the regulations “conclusion of the contract” in our standard business terms (part I.).
3.Contractual language, saving the text of the contract
3.1 Contract language shall be English.
3.2 The complete text of the contract is not saved with us. Before the order is sent, via the online – shopping cart system the contract data can be printed out or electronically saved using the browser’s print function. After the order is received by us, the order data, the legally-mandated details related to distance selling contracts and the standard business terms are re-sent to you via e-mail.
3.3 You will be sent all contractual information within the framework of a binding offer in written form, via E-mail for example, for quotation requests outside of the online shopping basket system, which can be printed out or saved electronically in a secure manner.
4. Main features of the product or service
The key features of the goods and/or services can be found in the respective quote.
5. Prices and payment arrangements
5.1 The prices mentioned in the respective offers represent total prices, as do the shipping costs. They include all the price components, including all the incidental taxes.
5.2 The dispatch costs that are incurred are not included in the purchase price. They can be viewed by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote, are shown separately over the course of the order transaction and must additionally be borne by you, insofar as free delivery is not confirmed.
5.3 The payment methods that are available to you are shown by clicking the appropriate button on our website or are disclosed in the respective quote.
5.4 Unless otherwise specified for the respective payment methods, the payment claims arising from the contract that has been concluded become payable immediately.
6. Delivery conditions
6.1 The delivery conditions, delivery date, and existing supply restrictions, if applicable, can be found by clicking the appropriate button on our website or in the respective quote.
6.2 If you are a consumer, the following is statutorily regulated: The risk of the sold item accidentally being destroyed or degraded during shipping only passes over to you when the item in question is delivered, regardless of whether or not the shipping operation is insured. This condition does not apply if you have independently commissioned a transport company that has not been specified by us or a person who has otherwise been appointed to execute the shipping operation.
7. Payment and dispatch
The following terms and conditions apply:
Unless otherwise specified in the quote, domestic delivery of goods shall be made (Romania) within 2 – 5 days, for deliveries abroad within 4 – 7 days from conclusion of contract (if advance payment agreed from the date of the payment instruction).
Please note that deliveries are not made on weekends and other holidays.
If you have ordered articles with different delivery dates, we send the articles together in one delivery if no other agreement has been made. The delivery date for the complete order will be the same as that of the article with the longest delivery time.
Terms of payment
For domestic deliveries (Romania) the below mentioned payment option is available:
– Payment via credit or debit card
In case of deliveries to a foreign country, you have the below payment option:
– Payment via credit or debit card
As a consumer, you have to right to cancel the contract at any time within 14 calendar days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full or partial refund for the for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (see bellow).
To cancel a contract, you must send an e-mail to email@example.com informing us about your decision. You must return the Product(s) to us as soon as possible at the Dispatch Service Address listed above, in an unused and undamaged condition. You are responsible for paying the cost of returning the Product(s).
Please note that you have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
When you return a Product to us:
a. Because you have cancelled the contract between us within the 14-day period (see Consumer Rights Clause above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us;
b. Because the product is defective, we will examine the returned Product and replace it or provide a refund. Products returned by you because of a defend will be refunded in full.
When breakages occur during delivery, we require photographic evidence from you to demonstrate that the product is indeed broken. If we are satisfied that the product has been broken, and that the damage has been caused in transit, we will refund of the product in full.
We will usually refund any money to the card used to pay for your purchase, or, if the order was paid cash on delivery, we will refund the money on the bank account directed by you.
When a product is past it’s sell by date, we require photographic evidence from you to demonstrate that this is the case. If we are satisfied that we have supplied an out of date product, we will refund the price of the product in full. Please note the difference between Best Before date and Use By date: Foods with a longer shelf life or those unlikely to be a health risk are labelled with a BEST BEFORE date. Perishable foods which are likely to be a health risk after a short time are labelled with a USE BY date. Products with a close BEST BEFORE date will have to be returned to the Dispatch Service Address before we process the refund.
8. Data protection declaration
We attach maximum importance to protecting your data and safeguarding your privacy. Therefore, we provide information below regarding collection and use of personal data while using our website.
Anonymous data collection
You can visit our websites without having to provide any personal details. We do not save any personal data in this connection. In order to improve our offer, we evaluate only the statistical data, which does not allow any inference of your personal details.
Collection and processing while using the contact form
When using the contact form, we collect personal data (particulars of personal or objective relationships of a particular or definable natural person) only within the scope provided by you. We use your email address only for processing your request. Your data is deleted subsequently if you do not approve of the further processing and use.
Collection, processing and use of personal data
We collect personal data (particulars of personal or objective relationships of a particular or definable natural person) only within the scope provided by you.
Your personal data is processed and used for completing and processing your order and also for processing your requests.
After the contract is processed completely, all the personal data is first saved taking into account the retention periods under fiscal and commercial law and then deleted after the expiry of the deadline, if you have not approved of the further processing and use.
Use of the email address for sending the newsletters
Irrespective of the contract execution, we are using your email address exclusively for advertising purposes for sending the newsletter, provided that you have given your consent.
Forwarding personal data
Your data is not forwarded to third parties without your explicit consent. Only our service partners, which we require for handling the contractual relationship, are excluded from this. In these cases, we strictly adhere to the specifications of the Federal Data Protection Act. The scope of the data transfer is restricted to a minimum.
Our websites use so-called cookies at several places. Cookies are small text files, which are stored on your computer and which your browser saves. They help to make our offer more user-friendly, effective and reliable. In addition, cookies allow our systems to identify your browser and offer you services. Cookies do not contain any personal data.
Information, correction, blocking and deletion of data
At all times, you have the right to free information about your saved data as well as the right to correction, deletion and blocking of the same. Please contact us if required. You will find the contact details in our Legal Notice.